Monday, February 9, 2015

Ang Mo Kio - Just for kicks and giggles

Okay everyone. This week has been a crazy week.  So many things happened this week that I would like to list them off in a different email, but as of this Saturday, I was informed that another elder in another ward will be going home due to chronic migraines for the last 6 months.  So that means there has to be some sort of emergency transfer. ANDDD that happens to mean I am effected, being the only Malay elder in all of Singapore. So I am to be transferred later today to Kota Kinabalu (KK) with Elder Beliang in Branch 1.  I have been there before 3 or 4 times already, so I know the area. It is a great place to be, but I am very disappointed that I did not get to stay here in Singapore longer.   My assignment here for only 1-1/2 weeks was just way short.

As of this week, however. I enjoyed it very much. We got to do two service projects this week. Usually we do one a week, but this week we had an especially blessed week. The first one was with a less active member originally from Canada.  He needed our help to set up his trampoline park, in which he owns two and making his third one now. (He is the first one to ever do it in Singapore).

The second service project was with Sister Kei, a recent convert in our ward who has a friend that wanted to volunteer at the animal shelter. We got to clean up a bunch of dog's feces and what not, and play with them for a little while.

Other than that, we are making way good progress with our referrals and potentials. One named R is from Malaysia who is married to a less active member in our ward. She has never learned but is now interested in learning. Very intelligent, and even knew what baptism is. Even Christians I have taught in the past didn't know what baptism was. 
Our investigator, Junior, who has been to church the last 5 weeks but has been too busy to meet with us finally took the time to sit down with us. While we planned to teach him the plan of salvation, however he sat down and he asked "what does the church expect of me before I commit to be a member of your church?" So he basically demanded to know all of the commandments, and he wrote them all down, and committed to follow all of them. Pretty crazy lesson. Never in a million years did I think I would teach all the commandments in one sitting. 
We had to drop one of our old investigators though. He just showed no sign of progressing and no desire to go further... so yeah that's about it for him right now. 
And just lots of work with potentials and other referrals.  Nothing more to report other than I will be in a different area anyway today so here I come KK.

Love,

Elder Vincent





No comments:

Post a Comment