Monday, February 2, 2015

The Ang Mo Kio Ward

This week was incredible. I got into Singapore this Wednesday, but perhaps I can start at the beginning of the week.

So after I got transfer news we hurried to meet all of the members. Tuesday was ridiculous, because I had been up late trying to get myself and Elder Smith packed (cuz elder smith leaves on Tuesday to go home) so Tuesday I was dead tired already and I survived on maybe 5 or 6 cokes so I didn't go to sleep while meeting everyone. We took out one of our investigators for dinner that night. I was pretty sad to leave, because so many memories and so many friends I'm leaving behind. On Wednesday I woke up at 4 am to get my flight at 7 am...kind of early but I shared a taxi with Elder Jahali who had a flight at 6 am.

Anyway, got to Singapore just fine, except I got held up in immigration (surprise surprise) because I have the jankiest passport of all time. But I just gave them President Mains number and they called and let me get 90 days into Singapore with no problems. Get dressed, then look around until I find some other elders, who tell me that my companion is waiting for me in the other side of the airport. Get there, and meet the new missionaries from the MTC too.

During this last week, I have been able to teach a less active family with the stake president's counselor, President Kwan, in which he shared a powerful testimony. I have seen the Elders Quorum president do his utter best to persuade the importance of church to one of our investigators, I have seen another Member help her friend commit to a date of baptism, and I have had some wonderful food.
President Kwan shared something from his journal to this family about how HE 20 YEARS AGO had taught the husband and the brother (Elton and Fredric), and it was way cool to see how things have changed. After being baptized, going less active, but to see them be activated again in the last couple months has been incredible. This message that President Kwan shared not only touched Fredric and his wife Hazel, but Elton also, who has not allowed elders to visit him for quite some time. He is now excited to visit us this next Wednesday with his wife and has asked us to teach him about how he can have a happier marriage with his wife.  Isn't it a perfect introduction to teach the plan of salvation?
I love the Ang Mo Kio ward and it has changed me only in the last 5 days.
I am happy.

  






No comments:

Post a Comment