Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27, 2015

This week was pretty crazy. I still have no idea how this week went by so fast.
This Tuesday I went on splits with one of my zone leaders, then the AP's came on splits with them that night, and then I had to go on splits again with the district leader. Then Thursday we had to get ready for President to come to do Mains house inspections. We still haven't been able to get everything in order because we just moved all of the church's beds, fridges, and other furniture all in our house while we wait to find a new house to move into. So while getting that in, we got another person on date this week and hoping to get another couple people on date too. A member's husband is down to use the van to pick people up, and he may want to be baptized as we continue teaching him too. :) 
Brother Lawren got his mission call.  His video of him opening call I am in, and I guess it's on Facebook already.  I joked about training him at the end of my mission and finishing his training. Way exciting too.
Friday President came and I got some counsel that really has touched me to help me just keep going and never slow down until the end. I hope to keep it to heart until the end of my mission.  District conference took up the rest of the week and unfortunately it rained all day long and my investigators have to walk a whole hour to get there, so they couldn't attend. It was pretty sad. But what can you do? Just keep working with them to help them have stronger faith and come as much as they can.
I read this verse and I want to start finishing my emails to home with a scripture. just for kicks and giggles, I translated this one into Iban (there is no Iban book of Mormon yet)

Lalu dalam semua masa, enggau semua endur, iya deka muka ka mulut iya lalu nusui injilKu enggau nyawa baka terumpit, maya siang enggau malam. Lalu aku deka meri ngagai iya pengering ti enda kala dipeda di antara mensia.             Ajar enggau Sempekat 24:12
Doctrine and Covenants 24:12

P.S.  Just got transfer news.  I'm being transferred to Singapore and my companion is going to Sandakan.

Called to the Singapore Mission





No comments:

Post a Comment