Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week 12

Hello guys!
This week was pretty good. I wish I could share some awesome spiritual teaching experiences, but I still really have not taught more than 6 lessons since I've been here....Sooooo slow through the entire zone, sadly. 
First off, the highlight of my week goes to Elder Misa'alefua, the Samoan trainee that lives in Puchong with me. On Wednesday, he couldn't get into his office because he lost the key, so he tried picking the lock. He couldn't do that and so...he decided to kick the door down. Probably bad of me, but I just couldn't stop laughing after I saw a huge crack in the middle of the door!  I also had my new missionary training in Putra Jaya chapel, and it was great. President and Sister Mains always know how to cheer me up and give me strength when I'm about ready to give up. 
Then I got my package full of goodies and deliciousness. The muffins are amazing, but we don't have a muffin tin so I just put them on a pan and they came out weird, but they still taste great.
Thank you mom, for that! :D
I also got my name tags in Chinese and English. I probably won't wear my Malay one until I actually go into a Malay area.
It's starting to rain a lot...Almost everyday and it rained this morning for probably 2 hours. I was thinking "ou I really hope that I can go emailing..." but it cleared up before 9. :)
Tuesday and Wednesday, they celebrate some sort of Malay New Year, and so nothing is open. Which means I missed the day I could actually send letters home. Fortunately, I found another Pos Malaysia before the week was over.
Another thing that happened is we were taking a taxi to the Sunway Pyramid mall, and while we were all getting in, the driver started to drive off without Elder Stahle and everyone is just in shock. then I just yell "stop stop stop!!!"
and the taxi driver is like "ou, I didn't see him, he is too skinny"
I also went to a Muslim wedding. :D :D It was a church member's daughter getting married, and the father is taking it hard because she had to convert to Islam, which means she will never have contact with the church again.
Our investigator, Tony is really cool and legal, and even though we didn't ask him to be baptized, he calls the church he went to before he met us as his "Former church" 
I'm pretty sure we can make some good progress with him. :)

So transfers are this week, and I should be finding out in about an hour via email where I'm going, or whether I'm staying. so I'll probably send another email telling you guys where I'm going.
Have a great week! Thank you all for supporting me much in my mission and helping every step of the way. You are all in my prayers.
Have a great week. :)
P.S.:  Transfer came and I am being transferred to Kuching East Malaysia.  My new trainer will be Elder Hirschi.

 McDonalds Fried Apple Pie - Much Better Than American Baked
 Dad "These Taste Sooo Goood!"  You'll have to come over here to get one!
           Malay                   English                      Chinese

No comments:

Post a Comment