Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week 29

Hello guys. So time to let you in on some of the things that happened this week!

An interesting thing that happened was poop shower! so I was in my room while Elder Ormsby was showering, and he shouts out something like "gross!" he stops the shower and shows me what happened.  Brown liquid was coming out of the shower! He was rinsing his hair so his eyes were closed, but when he opened his eyes, he thought it was blood. We checked every pipe in the house and this brown liquid came out of every single place. The hose, the sink, the toilet, everything had this brown liquid. We took a cup of it and smelled it...Poop! He literally showered in poop! Disgusting right? So we tell the members about it and they are just like "ou thats no big deal that happens all the time" and I'm like whaaaaaaat.....but anyway I'm glad that didn't happen to me. It destroyed our shower.
Anyway, onto missionary work, right? :)
So this week our investigator Evelyn "balik kampung" (went back to hometown) to see her sick kid, so she won't be back until the 20th, meaning her baptismal date will be rescheduled...But that will be okay. She seems to be very very faithful and she is still reading the book of mormon while she is with her kid.
But a good thing happened this week with our branch. Elder Toney, the Assistant to the President, came to our area to follow us around to our appointments. He is an old elder in my branch, so he knows all the people already. The people here LOVE and ADORE old missionaries that come back, so he was able to talk to 3 people that are always virtually impossible to meet, and he set up appointments for us later in the week. (this was Wednesday that he came) We all met them and I think that was really good for our branch. It opened some doors for us. :)
Elder Toney brought 2 packages for me! :D which was sad for Ormsby and Shorts because he didn't bring theirs (they didn't have enough room for everybody's packages but Ormsby got his package today from the zone leaders) really nice stuff in there, thank you Mom! I have already made 3 bracelets for members but I'll give them out when I am leaving this area, probably. 

We made cookies for some of the members too. It was kind of a disaster in the kitchen because we were forgetting something in the cookies but we didn't know what. They just weren't cooking very well. They would bubble really bad and just flatten out really easily, but eventually we got them to cook okay... the members loved them though! They were dying for the recipe. :P So I am going to have to translate the recipe and some people even want us to come over to teach them how to make them. That was a pretty fun experience.

So I am sick again...Yay...Elder Stewart got sick and then shortly after I got sick. This morning I woke up with the runs, and a few days ago I puked a few times. Ormsby also has been puking a lot...I think there is something up with the air, water, and food in Bintulu. Grr...so it's been a little tough. but I will live!

I found out that transfers are going to be next Tuesday, meaning that if I am moving, I will leave on Tuesday. This means that I will still be on next Monday like normal, but we might be going to the beach again for our last get-together (honestly I am not really up to going to the beach cuz it takes too much time).
There is a chance that I will be training somebody, so that means I will leave on Monday, and get back Tuesday night ,so I probably will email on Wednesday if I train. I will try to let you know what is happening. :)

Okay sorry for the long email, but yesterday we went to Niah Caves (or Gua Niah). We spent the night at the Bandar Jaya house on Sunday so that we wouldn't have a hard time getting there in the morning. They live right by McDonalds so we had that for breakfast! :D :D
In the morning we left around 9 to go to the caves, and it was about 2 and a half hours there...sooo long! when we got there, the Miri zone was there at the same time. So we got to hang out with some of them there. One of them that I knew was Sister Tai, who was in Kuching with me. Really fun! so the caves were fun. I got to squeeze myself through a very small hole and look through a crevice down into this huge pillar that goes down pretty far. Did I mention that I got covered in bat poop on the way?

And last but not least, I was pretty happy about my language skills. I got to speak in a mixed version of chinese and iban to this one lady during the trip to the Niah Caves, and THEN I got to speak Czech to these two ladies that were visiting. I had a full conversation with them and didn't have a hard time understanding them, even though it's been like...8 months since I've heard a word of czech. :P 
that was a goooood week. :)

love you guys! sending some pictures soon! :)

Elder Vincent











 Elder Dailey in Cave with me



 Czech Lady I was able to speak with in Czech

No comments:

Post a Comment