Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 27 - Chinese New Year

Hello everyone!
This week was awesome, and it also made me just appreciate the area I am in more and more.

We are still having a rough time with illness! It's either me or my companion that gets sick and it's just a continuous cycle of us getting sick. It's getting a little ridiculous, but I think now we are both okay. :)

So this last Monday we had a pretty chill evening. We went to the top of the hill that you can see everything. It's a really cool sight and we watched the sun go down at 6:30 like it does every day of the year. Very beautiful sight! :) We brought some ice cream with us which was a bad idea, but delicious. The hill almost killed us because it is soooo steep. 

This week we went finding in an area that we thought would have some good potential. We found a really awesome family that is from the Kenya tribe here in Malaysia. It consists of a bunch of relatives, and we taught them on Sunday about the Restoration. We asked if they would come to church and then they were like "Yes, of course I want to come!" and then we later asked them if they would be baptized if they knew all of this was true and they were like "Sure! Let's do it!" So we now have 6 new investigators! Bam. I'll talk about them all more later when I get to know them better.

The downside is that we have a district conference in Park City so we can't necessarily bring them to church cuz they have no way of transportation.... Bah! :P
Evelyn is doing well. :) We are about half way done teaching her. Continually coming to church. She was sick this week so we gave her a blessing and she got better within a day or two. :)

Chinese new year was this week, which was actually not very fun...Everybody went back to their kampung where all of their family stays, gets drunk, etc etc. (not the members but everybody else) So it was virtually impossible to meet with anybody because everybody was gone. There were some ups to it though. The fireworks were super super awesome. We went to bed at 11 and then BAM fireworks all around the area. I have a video of it so I will show it later when I get home. :)

Then for the 31st, it was Elder Ormsby's and my 6 month mark, plus we couldn't make any appointments with anybody cuz everyone was gone, so we went to Similajau beach. It was supppper awesome. Very beautiful there. That's why I now appreciate my area better. It's not just a trash place, but it has gorgeous scenery too. :)

After the Chinese new year, we had some cleaning to do so we got rid of our garbage the way everybody else does it - BURN IT!!! in our front yard. It was pretty fun, but there were some spiders in the boxes we burnt, so it scared me to pick them up.
Speaking of spiders, spiders have been coming into our house a lot more lately, both small and big. I have killed quite a few just with my shower hose lately, so showering is not as fun as it used to be. Haha. :D Just kidding.  Dad asked if I was a spider slayer now.   Yes I am a spider slayer but I'm still scared to sleep at night because you never know who is in bed with you. :P

This morning we went to play futsal with quite a few of the members. It was a lot of fun to play with them, although I'm not very good at it. :) Still need to practice. It was a very hot day to do it though, but a lot of people have a day off of work so we had our recent convert, Lipson come.  Futsal is basically just like soccer, except its in a small caged outside court that's about as big as our basketball court in our chapel. It has boundaries though so if it goes out then you loose the ball, just like basketball.

And...as for this week, we have our mission president coming for district conference which should be fun. Although I have no idea how we are going to get a ride there because vans don't go out late at night. Hooray for hitch hiking! :D :D

Love you all, have an awesome week.
Elder Vincent
 
 
 
 


  A Bead Tie I'm Working On

No comments:

Post a Comment