Monday, September 22, 2014

Zone & District Conference

We started our journey to Singapore Wednesday for Zone Conference first stopping in Kota Kinabalu (KK).  I slept through the next plane ride and then landed in KL an hour and a half later.  While in KL waiting for my next flight to Singapore I received a call from a potential investigator saying he wants to learn. Yay! Woohoo.  We got into Singapore around 5:30, however Elder Jacobs lost his bag in transit so we waited till about 6:30 to get back to the church. We played sports games outside of the church, basketball, pingpong, soccer. I played soccer and I thought I was doing incredibly well at goalie. Then I accidentally hit the ball with my hand and it went flying over onto the roof. That kind of killed the game....
 
Zone conference was about being more bold, expounding more on people's feelings on the Holy Ghost and how to teach lesson 5 better and more effectively.  It was a very good zone conference.
 
Just a side note, I went to the BIGGEST book store in all of South East Asia. Oh my gosh, I've never seen so many books in my life. This book store makes the Portneuf library look like a sad excuse for a single book shelf.  I just went to buy some G2 pens. They have every color and have mini g2 pens, which I have never seen.

Friday after the zone conference we flew back to KK and stayed there for a district conference.  I was on exchanges with Elder Baranov, and I met an author of a dictionary/phrase book for the Kadazan language. He gave us a free signed book. Totally not interested in our doctrine, but still a nice find. Haha. :)

District Conference was Saturday and Sunday and it was SOOO FUN. I got to meet a lot of people that I knew from Kuching.  Took a lot of pictures and just enjoyed it a lot. The theme for the district conference was "Come come ye saints" and was talking about strengthening families as husbands, wife's, children, and about going to the temple. Huge focus for this district conference.
One of the members in KK was also the member who translated the Book of Mormon in Malay, and he just finished the Doctrine and Covenants, so maybe in a year or so that should be out too. :D

Transfers just came out and I am staying in Sandakan, getting a new companion Elder Strathern.  The other set of missionaries are being transferred out of the area.
 
Have a wonderful week.

Love
Elder Vincent
 


 Some of the Companions I have had.  Taken at Zone Conference in Singapore

Most of  MTC Group. Taken at Zone Conference in Singapore
 
 Sabah Zone at District Conference in Kota Kinabalu
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment